View Single Post
Old May 9th 2012, 13:22
Administrator

Steve - I can provide you with a YouSendit or DropBox account which would allow you to upload and send large files to me. If that works for you let me know and I'll email details over to you. Would love to see the footage for sure!

I keep promising GoPro footage...but everything I've shot so far seems so lame and boring. Maybe I'll post a couple of quick clips today so you can see that it actually runs, and how freaking loud the transmission bearing noise is! Definitely haven't shot any gravel yet. The car handles so differently from my other vehicles I need to get some time behind the wheel before I'm comfortable playing with it. Can't post vids of me driving like a rookie now, can I? haha.

I will need to keep an eye on that Volkszone thread...I'm curious to see what people think. I mean, at the end of the day I built it for me. But the European reaction to the build is of big interest to me, simply because here in North America I've built a car so outside the box that most people don't know what they're looking at until I explain it to them. Europe's Rally connection is much stronger, so its a bit better of a fit over there!

-Dave
'68 Type 1 - Interm German 'look' project
'75 Type 1 - Family Heirloom
'93 Chevy 3500 pickup - Cummins Swap