Thread: Bugaru Project
View Single Post
Old April 21st 2008, 16:02
cfordyce05

Hey Jim, hows your project going? I finally got my car with the EJ20 NA on the road. It's turning into a pretty fun car to drive as I get "bugs", no pun intended, worked out. So far my main concern is airflow to my radiator. I have mine mounted on the firewall drawing air from the louvers under the rear window. At highway speeds, I think the airflow over the car is creating too much of a low pressure zone and not allowing the fans to suck as they should. I was thinking about trying a small spoiler over the rear window to break up airflow over the car and create a high pressure area to help the fans out. As soon as I slow down, it starts to cool off. So far it has gotten up to 214 degrees, and that was with 45 degree weather! With the deck lid off I have never had it that high while driving. I plan on starting a car profile to document my conversion, but haven't had time with school and marriage. Good luck with your conversion! Once I get my fuel tuned up pretty good, I'm going to take the car to a dyno and tune my spark. I'll let you know what kind of numbers I get.

Casey