View Single Post
Old June 27th 2005, 14:33
Administrator

Thanks for the feedback and comments guys. I'm sure I could make this setup work even better. The next step is to use a pulley ratio to drive the fan slower, as recommended by Jake, and then take another datalog and see the effects.

I could also tweak the diverters a bit more as the yarn tufts look to be pointing in the right direction, but I can't see all of them due to the visibility through the spinning fan. The key to making this 911 setup work is air distribution on the 3-4 side ... thats where I have been spending all of the time in development.

I MAY cut an access panel on the 3-4 side and then replace the panel with a clear piece of plastic, just so I can see whats going on in there. I can always order a replacement shroud from FAT ... we will see. Actually, now that I think about this, it sure would speed up the development ... no more removing the alternator/diverter assembly just to make a tweak ... and in a beetle, you can't see the back of the shroud anyways.

I'm out of town till the weekend so can't upload the pics till I get back.

Big Daddy,

Send me an email to ssyan (at) digitalminds (dot) ca and we'll hook up after the weekend, as I would really like to see the '56 oval. My winter project is to install my Megasquirt/Turbo setup on the T4

Sandeep