View Single Post
Old August 4th 2012, 07:03

Yes, thats true, that there is more ground clearance, but so far it hasnt been problem. Oil starvation is in my mind when i am thinking the oilsystem.

Stateside tuning pump sounds great, where can i find price and better pictures?

At this picture is original salzburg rally beetle pump:

Quote:
Originally Posted by owdlvr View Post
Well, the big advantages for the drysump system are increased ground clearance and a virtual guarantee of no oil starvation. Those two alone are enough that I'll DrySump any of my future street cars that I intend to drive 'hard' or sporting.

I'm not sure of the price on the Udo Becker DS Pump, but one worth looking at heavily is the Stateside Tuning pump. The pump is an updated design based on the original Salzburg dry sump pump. It will clear a stock sized crank pulley, so virtually any pulley you want to use is no problem. Gears are larger than the original factory pump - 2 x 30mm on the engine and 3 x 26mm on the scavenge, the top side has more clearance to aid in fitting the pulley belt, the case scavenge union is set slightly lower & longer than the original works Salzburg pump to give more clearance to a standard type silencer box. Unions threads are 5/8" NPT.

FWIW, I'm running -8AN lines with no issues what-so-ever.

-Dave