View Single Post
Old July 30th 2005, 15:20

Boble..

Had problems seeing the vids.. but did manage to see one about them racing/drifting.. there was a volvo, an old vete, pretty awesome..

Rob saw that one a while ago.. it was a MR FQ-430 or something.. pretty amazing machine.. no low end.. but watch out when that turbo spools up..

Zen,

I have had my eyes on a mitsu, actually was at a dealership getting ready to trade in my scooby.. last minute my wife asked me if I was going to start modifying this new car like the scooby.. if so see was against the purchase..I would be going from low 200/mn to 350+ a month... and parts were not going to be in my near future.. as it stands now.. I am pretty neck and neck with a stock evo.. as far as speed.. on the track yet to be determined.. Got some suspension goodies going in.. alum arms, group n suspension bushings, adj links for toe in the rear and a STI steering rack.. all this coupled with a good track alignment should make it a nice drivers race..
The other think I have been skeptical about is Mitsh service.. Lot of horror stories out there.. with waranty issues and cars being driving on tracks..
Lot of guys use them for straight line racing.. and personnally speaking not a good idea, specially on clutch and tranny.. There reliablity/safety had been questionalble.. as seen by there truck devision and the cover ups..
That being said
The Evo is not a standard mitsu.. I believe Ralliart has there hands in this one.. so I would expect better than usual reliablity.. but again I have do deal with the knuckleheads at the dealership..

Subaru, on the other hand has been much better to deal with at the service department.. still not to mod friendly.. but my car is not to crazy.. From experience it has been reliable.. I do drive it like I stole it at the track or at least I like to think that in my head..
The WRX drives well enough that my wife, enjoys it.. clutch is easy to work as well as shifts.. maybe not as crisp as an evo.. or sti- 6 speed.. but still good with the short shifter..
If you on tight budget, a WRX would be my recommendation.. specially with the alleged new TR model.. Track Ready or something.. 17" wheels, 4 pot fronts/w 2 pot rears.. couple of other little mods.. add a nice stage 2 exhaust and ECU reflash..with some R- Rubber.. spells fun for cheap..

If you have some extra money and don't plan on modding go STI.. and as cash opens up.. work the suspension a little..

If Money is no object.. go MR.. and call ralliart.. get some of there upgrades.. and have a blast at the track.. but be prepared to suffer on the streets.. Haven't driven thru atlanta in a while.. but the 05 STI has a key immobilizer, which may buy you a few seconds if some is trying to steal.. unless they come with some hydraulic fluid and a flat bed..

Alex