View Single Post
Old January 25th 2004, 22:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast70
The biggest without clearancing is 76mm although a 78 will fit with just minor clearancing. The stock crank is forged. To be safe, if you are comming anywhere near the HP threshold number, I would go with forged. It is cheap insurance. I have a friend who made the mistake of buying a cast crank and has had to have the crank turned down twice with only a couple thousand miles on the motor. So even though it is not that expensive to have turned:
1. It weakens the crank even farther
2. By the time the cost of the crank and cutting are added you have exceeded the cost of a forged crank.
3. Each time they need to be cut, the motor has to be torn down and new oversize bearings bought. So factor in the cost of a couple of sets of bearings.
4. You are taking unneccessary chances and stretching the rubber band to save a few bucks.

fast70
I totaly agree with you Fast70, it would be wise to invest in a strong backbone i guess. I just wasent to sure on the cast VS forged debate. but it makes sence to use the better product.
So spent a few hours looking around for parts, and there prices. i came up with a CB performance chromolly forged crank, its $189 bucks :S but its the cheapest i could find from a good name. it seams to have counter weight on it... but does not list that it is (well non of CB cranks say they are... so they all must be c/w considering they have counter weights in the pics :P)

For the full flow i looked at the CB "Maxi-5" oil pump. it has a Full flow outlet on its cover. After geting the pump with outlet, and the remote filter adaptor... what else is needed to complete the system (like what hoses, fittings work, and are not expensive)

Thanks!
Jonathan