View Single Post
Old July 21st 2004, 21:03

Location: California (Southern for school, northern for summer)
no such luck...yet

Well I tried two different coils (see "huge box of parts that comes with the car") and a different distributor in various combinations....nothing. I double checked everything to make sure it was all as it should be but I must still be missing something. I had a painful recollection of a previous electrical disiaster so I double and triple checked the fuses...again, still nothing. Just to recap, here's the "state of the baja address":

12vdc into the coil, 0vdc out of the distributor (I'm tempted to put my tongue on the plug just because I can ). The car ran about a week ago so I have a hard time understanding how and when something would have broken unless it was something like juice running the wrong way through the coil (as noh2o mentioned....which I'm pretty sure happenned at some point). Rotor is good, points are good, timing *should* be good, etc.

In other news, I get the aforementioned 8-spoke wheels back tomorrow with a bright shiny set of tires on them...it's amazing what $300 can do for a problem like that. I'm gonna be very angry if I get tires before I fix my spark problem...then I wouldn't have any excuse to complain to the wonderful folks at Wheel Works, and that would be a shame.