View Single Post
Old February 24th 2004, 13:12

Yesterday, I was feeling blue because ... well, because I'm an idiot who vacillates between taking life too seriously and not at all seriously, and ... okay, this is too off topic. Anyway, after my typical two hour commute home from work became 3:20, I looked inside the mailbox and there was a CD-sized package amongst the rubbish. I hadn't ordered or "won" on eBay anything recently, so I assumed it was some medical CD for my wife or something scholastic for my daughter.

Much to my delight, I saw it was addressed to me from Australia. I now knew exactly what it was as the only other connection I ever had with Down Under was my tennis coach of three years was Australian. I didn't change clothes or anything; I immediately popped the DVD into the laptop.

Very enjoyable!

When my wife and daughter came home the latter's piano lesson, they were fascinated as well even if their attention span was considerably shorter. They did pose a question I couldn't answer, though. How fast were you going?

I love track racing. No offense to those who like drag racing and oval tracks, but this is the stuff I really enjoy. And it brought me out of my stupid mood, too.

I'm going to show this to my mechanic when I get the chance. He sort of frowns on the idea of me wanting to GL a Super Beetle so I can feel happy on the highway.

Thank you very much, Jak!