View Single Post
Old July 28th 2012, 16:31

WRX and Porsche g50 help and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbonutta View Post
what no aircooled....
No,no aircooled, I dont want to start a debate here aircooled vs water but for me a subaru engine thats 20 years newer and thats been designed to produce large amounts of BHP and take abuse, that will have better fuel economy and give me a heater to de mist my windscreen is my chosen route.

A 300 bhp engine is what Im thinking of possibly 350 and I can get that for 4- 5 k ish.I cant see me doing that with a type 4 or type 1 engine,as I need someone else to build it for me.I have never built and engine nor want to attempt doing it.I would have a crack at putting a 1600 twin port together but large type 4s are well beyond me in both budget and ability.horses for courses, I build houses I wouldnt want an engine builder to build me a house,nuff said.

Anyway thanks for the comment all are welcome.

I am going to do some more research and go through some more of the project builds on here again and other forums and start putting a parts list together to let people see what they think, and for them to leave comments.

There are so many factors to consider and parts, and as I have said I am no mechanic just someone who wants a fast gl look bug

So parts list so far

ej20 closed deck block with 92.00mm (Std bore) Wossner forged pistons

ACL main and big end bearings

Std size crank (rear thrust position)

Williams H beam forged steel connecting rods with arp bolts

High pressure oil pump

Cometic 1.2mm steel headgaskets

Version 4 STI cylinder heads

After market ECU

bosch high pressure fuel pump ,lift pump,swirl pot

rjes shallow sump

Porsche g50 short nose