View Single Post
Old July 29th 2012, 18:04

Hi, guessing your not that far from me then Mr low crime rate....high drug rate though in your hood

Have you already built this subaru engine yet? My JDM motor as standard is 260bhp, ditch the cat, better exhaust and intake modifications then get it remapped and you'll be into the 275-300BHP. That's on a standard engine, at £400 a motor I'm prepared to take the risk a couple of times before I shell out the big bucks for the race motor. The people I've taken out in my car have all said its an amazing sensation of speed when it's boosting hard, its not the same for me though, my daily driver is 540bhp, I'm used to acceleration. If I could get my 915 to shift quicker then I think that my Beamer and my notch would be well matched.

Also.... What engine you basing your build one??? What year? You mention v4 sti heads. The different phase engines have different stud patterns for the inlet manifold, the later engines don't have a MAF, also the IAC is in different positions too. I ask this as you don't want to be attempting to run a phase one ecu and wiring on a phase 2 engine with phase 1.5 heads and inlet manifold. Will be difficult to get it running.

Everybody I know that's done a conversion will tell you to buy a donar vehicle and not an incomplete engine.

RJES don't make a shallow sump to my knowledge, however you can easily modify the Subaru sump to raise the bottom of it to the level of the exhaust headers gaining 25-30mm and keep the same quantity of oil.

Good luck finding short nose G50. Knowing what I know now I wouldnt fit my 915 but I'd go for the Subaru gears route. Overall it would be cheaper and easier to install.

If you for Kennedy adaptor, when you buy it tell them you want a clutch and they can supply you with one.

Too many questions to answer

OH FAMILY GUY JUST STARTED

HTH