View Single Post
Old August 1st 2012, 02:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai4130 View Post
Hi, guessing your not that far from me then Mr low crime rate....high drug rate though in your hood

Have you already built this subaru engine yet? My JDM motor as standard is 260bhp, ditch the cat, better exhaust and intake modifications then get it remapped and you'll be into the 275-300BHP. That's on a standard engine, at £400 a motor I'm prepared to take the risk a couple of times before I shell out the big bucks for the race motor. The people I've taken out in my car have all said its an amazing sensation of speed when it's boosting hard, its not the same for me though, my daily driver is 540bhp, I'm used to acceleration. If I could get my 915 to shift quicker then I think that my Beamer and my notch would be well matched.

Also.... What engine you basing your build one??? What year? You mention v4 sti heads. The different phase engines have different stud patterns for the inlet manifold, the later engines don't have a MAF, also the IAC is in different positions too. I ask this as you don't want to be attempting to run a phase one ecu and wiring on a phase 2 engine with phase 1.5 heads and inlet manifold. Will be difficult to get it running.

Everybody I know that's done a conversion will tell you to buy a donar vehicle and not an incomplete engine.

RJES don't make a shallow sump to my knowledge, however you can easily modify the Subaru sump to raise the bottom of it to the level of the exhaust headers gaining 25-30mm and keep the same quantity of oil.

Good luck finding short nose G50. Knowing what I know now I wouldnt fit my 915 but I'd go for the Subaru gears route. Overall it would be cheaper and easier to install.

If you for Kennedy adaptor, when you buy it tell them you want a clutch and they can supply you with one.

Too many questions to answer

OH FAMILY GUY JUST STARTED

HTH
Hi mate thanks for the pointers.

Oh and the crime rates not too bad here just need to bolt everything to the fooking floor, I have put some large ornamental planters on my mums drive and I have literally bolted them into the concrete to stop em being half inched .thats London.

Ayway I here what your saying re the jdm engines but I dont want to be pulling engines in and out on a regular basis as I have to pay someone to do it. I am trying to get something built good and strong to fit, forget and then abuse.300-350 bhp with the option to increase at a later date.Whats ya views on the fact that the reverse cut option has not had much real world use/abuse and if I needed to replace the gear in the distant future and the bloke is no longer making them I will be back to square one.I think the engine will be based around a phase 1 block 1993-1995 not sure 100 % but need to talk to the engine builder to sort final spec.I am confident he will get it all sorted for me he has a good reputation and is well known in the Subaru rally scene.

I hear what your saying abot buying a complete car but I will be building a new loom fo it so fingers crossed it should all work out.

Your beamer sounds like a laugh 540 bhp, and is it you who has the blue notch ? oh and whre ya based in mate London.

Graham