View Single Post
Old July 7th 2004, 20:36
Administrator

Some of the NASCAR driver can drive and some ofthem have to give up their seat to a real driver when they go to Sears point or Watkins Glen.
I used to follow NASCAR and liked it,,,But I gave up on it when the Lumina entered the game. It use to be that the Factories had to produce some many cars to get ther car on the track. But now you can't get any car that is no the track with a V8 and rear wheel drive. As soon as one make gets an edge they change the rules. I don't hate the drivers,,,,I hate the game.
My original rant is due to the fact that Speed Channel use to bring a wide range of motorsport to us and over the last few years it has become dominated by NASCAR. I miss the go-carts, small time drag racing, hell even lawn mower racing, it don't get any more Red Neck than that. But on a Sunday evening there is no less than 3 shows to recap the NASCAR race from that day. NASCAR TECH, INSIDE NEXTEL CUP, TRACKSIDE, SPEED NEWS NASCAR EDITION, BLAH BLAH BLAH. I mean they recap the racap of the recap. I wish they would just make a second channel (NASCAR TV) and put Speed Channel back to what it was. Then I could channel block it.
66 Beetle, 73 Standard Beetle
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe