Thread: VWoA email
View Single Post
Old October 29th 2004, 00:58

What I am saying about GM (somewhat Ford) is they support rebuilding, shows and ownership in general of their old iron. They actively support the people who manufacture the repro parts and even make some themselves. You see the GM brand logos on bolts for Gods sake. I would love an R32, or an Audi TT done right (Porsche brakes+) but I will probably not buy one if VW does so little to support the brand and the hobby. I spent a delightful week this summer at the Porsche Parade, talk about support for old iron! And most of those millions of us that bought a Beetle when we could not afford anything else are looking for the replacement to the fun we had then. I think you are wrong to think most old Beetle owners are not still brand loyal. Fond memories last forever.

I also expect every manufacturer to protect their copyright, that's the only way to protect the brand. But yes there are nice ways to inform and educate those that you feel are in violation of your copyright. Just like there are nice ways to inform your neighbor not to plant the new tree three feet past his lot line onto your property. You can educate and illuminate or you can just find an a-hole attorney and sue him after you watch him dig the hole.

And you only need a lawyer when another one attacks, unless of course you start the attack with one...

Thanks,

Randy
Meyers Manx Signature #85 , 79 Convert