View Single Post
Old June 29th 2005, 04:41

Yep- Having fun in Vegas! I emailed Beth the pics I had on the laptop so she should upload them tomorrow so you guys can see what we are working with.

The car is very straight, and we didn't find ANY rust in the body at all, none of the typical Vert rust areas exist. It is so nice working with such a clean car for the foundation for this build.

I generally start with absolute junk and renovate it piece by piece and cut, splice and weld every part so I'm not used to working with such a vehicle and it sure is nice!

The car did not make it to the paint shop today, the tow truck got tied up but it will be there by Thursday!

The engine is my main concern right now. I want to finish it's assembly ASAP so I have plenty of dyno time with it to facilitate the testing of several different fuel injector sizes and also different throttle body sizes and plenum volumes. all these things are very important to our goal of 50 MPG while making 110HP. After the final; dyno runs when we have chosen the fuel maps and injector rates and timing settings I will then design the gearbox around those parameters. The gearing and final drive with this engine is very important because its a low revving, high torque super velocity powerplant- Its gear stack won't be conventional and it will also be getting a full dose of CRYO, and Isotropic superfinishing to reduce the power loss through the gears.

All the parts have been cryoed, and coated and all the internal parts will be back from being Isotropic superfinished tomorrow. Wait till you guys see what this process does to parts! I have never used it before due to it's extreme cost but to meet the 50MPG goal we need all the tricks that can be thrown at the engine to make it happen. Long story short all the internals of the engine appear to be chrome plated, but they are not- Just super micropolished, and the things that does to control windage is incredible and it KILLS friction at the same time.

The way it looks now everything will have to go flawlessly at the paint shop and the interior shop to make Sevierville.

It's been a long while since I built a car from scratch.. I had fun tearing it down and I think Beth was amazed that I pulled the engine and tranny in less than 40 minutes-I'm out of practice, that should have taken 30 minutes.