View Single Post
Old November 13th 2012, 02:45

WRX and Porsche g50 help and parts list

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricola View Post
Graham, surely you'd ship just conversion kit over for a fair comparison? Subaru trans seem to be quite pricey in Oz and it would save a lot of shipping/taxes..
Doh, didn't think of that Rich lucky someones awake.
But I still have to buy a box and get it converted by someone else and then sell my box, diff,shifter.

My main thoughts are not purchase and fitting cost's of the g50 .I have heard great reports on the g50,how it shifts and how much abuse it can take, and they seem good for 500bhp,more than I will ever need.Wally seem's very happy with his and you have one in your cabrio,both cars are a huge influence on me and my build.The box is highly praised by the gt40 guys who sware buy them.From my research I have read that 915 box it is a very different bit of kit compared to the g50 in terms of strength and particularly shifting.

As well as this I have bought my g50 and I've got a Quaife diff to stick in it.After dreaming of owning and fitting a g50 in my bug and now finally getting my hands on one with a new diff is like a dream come true for me so I have got my mind set on fitting it now.

Out of interest Rich do you think you would go the subarugears route if you where to do your project again ?

Thanks for your thought's and input fellas.