View Single Post
Old July 2nd 2013, 11:32
Administrator

Thanks guys !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Turbobug View Post
Sad to see you give up the beetle project,performance wise I think youŽll miss it But I do understand and not beeing able to finish it in a timely manner is demotivating.Congrats on the 912! Seems to be a good base with a ton of potential! Keep us posted - I love Porsches!
I've wanted a 911 / 912 for a long time now, just never had the opportunity to pursue it. I need a car I can drive and enjoy and this one fits the bill, classic looks with power to match.

The beetle was fun to drive (when it was together) but I've always wanted a f911 / 912, and now I have one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
Pity to see and read this. The bug has loads more understatement and appeal to it.
Sorry to say, but that 911 is just one of many and also a project...

Still, I hope you'll finally get to enjoy a driving car mate
This 912 has been restored from the ground up. It has sat outside during the winter months because the owner did not have covered storage, but the foundation is solid based on the pictured of the restoration work. There are some minor paint bubbles and a few cracks in the fibreglass spoiler but all can be fixed without having to dis-assemble the car.

I'm really looking forward to driving it instead of re assembling my beetle. Maybe I'm getting too old, but only time will tell.

The only upgrades I am considering are Boxster brakes (for the circuit) but thats it. It has ventilated disks on all 4 corners, but I believe has 911 T calipers. Must keep the 15" wheels ! (did I actually say that ?? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevw View Post
You bought Adrian's car? Wow.

Hope you got it for a killer deal. He was shopping it hard and I was tempted a few times.
Yes, Adrian's car. I love the look and actually test drove a '78 SC last weekend before going to see Adrian. I thought the SC was fantastic during the test drive, but a drive in Adrian's car blew me away.

I believe I paid a fair price for what it is, only needing some restorative paint attention. The car was up on a lift when I got to his shop so I could see underneith and I was happy with what I saw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble View Post
Trading one beetle for another Honestly, I'd jump at the chance for a well built 60's 911 too, so congrats! One of the guys I race with has a dialed in 911 rs/turbo replica with a 3.6 and it's a monster.
Looking forward to running this car in an autocross and on the track. I've been waiting far to long to enjoy this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat View Post
Awesome, congrats Sandeep. I love earlies...Makes me regret getting out of my 68 project, lol

Can't wait for my thrill ride

Lanner
I love the look as well, will talk to you about the Boxster brake upgrade offline.

Sandeep