View Single Post
Old November 10th 2004, 22:29

Im no turbo expert either, but done some reading on it so,...

As rustbucket said above but from a different kind of view:

1 any engine could be turboed. Thats a fact. but it will work if you have a turbo of the correct size regarding cc's which translates to exhaust gas volume per cycle.

2 another consideration is that big turbo's have much more lag which means that you lose drivability as you get to bigger turbos. There are some turbo kits ready for the t1 engine.

I believe that getting a turbo at the same range as the ones in the kits will be a good idea

Last but not least matter is the mounting: depends on what you want your car to look like and how well you want your car to perform.

fitting a turbo doesnt mean that due to pressurized intake is ok to go with a bulky design. From my point of view and my knowledge a suitable sized turbo setup with the correct ducting would do miracles.there are many things to consider and paying a bit more is better to get the most from your ducting just to name a few: correct diameter tubes with nice curvy bends equal length tubes for the exhasut and intake sides... and many many more aspects each one with a special reason.

Without wanting to be an a$$ and ruin your plans on the ebay thing I wouldnt expect much from these parts. they seem a good but cheap deal and might not work nicely.
Please dont quote me on the last one though. Its my "policy" to save more money and get things like that new just to be sure and save me a lot of headaches.

Chris

1973 1303 going towards GL