View Single Post
Old November 11th 2004, 21:07

Lot of work.........yeah, i'm bite off more than i can chew kinda guy, hate it during the work, love it when the works done. I guess i should have been a bit more specific on the turbo cooling idea. Most of the turbos have a water cooling inlet in addition to oil lubrication inlet. So here's what i meant. Up front of the car will be the oil cooler (already set up but will be relocated to front), in the same vicinity place a radiator for cooling water. cooled water would be circulated via. pump to the air/water intercooler. I understand the intercooler is just for cooling the charge temp..............but what i was thinking is using water from the same system to go to the water cooling inlet on the turbo instead of just plugging it. From what i gather this will help keep the temp down of the turbo itself, thus preventing coking and prolonging the life of the turbo. the reason i want the oil cooler & radiator up front is to get better airflow. I was wanting to make a custom hood anyway (to not have to open it everytime i get gas), so i could put some ventilation in the hood for the coolers.

However...........the WRX option sounds quite interesting, i havn't reasearched what it would take to do that. Do you know how much a wrx engine would typically cost..............i imagine theres a lot of fabrication work to make it fit? I'm guessing that the set up i've been talking about here would cost close to 5,000 total with turbo, int.clr., injection etc.

thanks,
your suggestions are appreciated
shea
paint, stereo, etc., un-junkified.

95 Saturn SC-2
Wifes car - cant wait to replace it.

03 Yamaha R1 LE, bone stock & still faster than anything i have or probabaly ever will come accross.