View Single Post
Old November 18th 2014, 17:02
Administrator

I initially had some clearance issues with my 901/DTM setup, but had the transmission positioned in the middle of the slots, on the rear Bug@5speed transmission mount (frame horn side). I loosened the nuts on the rubber pads, between the mount and transmission, and pushed the transmission back as far as I could, so that the rubber mounts pushed into the area where the engine meets the bell housing. I had to trim the rubber pads slightly, but it gave me just enough clearance between the decklid and alternator pulley. Couldn't see the position of your mount in the pic. Can you mockup the decklid to confirm the issue?

Edit -- Just saw your brace spacing issue. I have had that cause issues in the past (due to the extra space). You could also unbolt the front bars, and confirm fitment. If that fixes it, you could look at another mounting point on the other side of the transmission bracket, or weld to the bracket, if the geometry allows it. I had a similar brace, and it was somewhat difficult to install.