Thread: MIA Update
View Single Post
Old April 23rd 2004, 14:16

MIA Update

Sorry for being MIA for so long, it was honestly not intentional, just no time.

I think everyone here knows that I am starting a high end interior painting company and have been doing that for about 8 months now. Also on top of that most of the work has been in Northern Virginia so I have been away from home. That being said we are going to move up to Northern Virginia in mid-July to a towm called Haymarket (just off I-66). Working about 12 hours a day leaves little time to go on-line either.

To compound the time issue my family has a ranch in West Virginia (Just over the VA border) that is taking up my weekends... Because someone has to make the fence!

Granted I am home this week and have been tinkering a little bit with the bus. I am still fiddling with the rear spring plates to get the right ride height dialed in, too low. Maybe this afternoon I will be a little farther along or just give up and drop the front 2.5"!

Once I am a little more settled down I will pick up my quest for an early Beetle GL custom racer. Kind of kicking around the RX-7 motor idea though just to have a revver for over the mountains between I-81 to US 33 (Harrisonburg VA) and Franklin WV. Very fun mountain roads! Granted the elevation changes produce annoying ear pops Bring a pack of gum.

Take Care and GLF,
'96 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 6.5L Diesel
'99 GMC Suburban 6.5L Diesel
VolkSport Kafer Gruppe