Thread: 1303 Progress
View Single Post
Old September 19th 2004, 19:33

Well, Toccoa must'ive done something to me, that, and my Ahnendorp header arrived while we were in GA. I spent 12 hours this weekend on my Bug doing all matter of stuff.

I spent most of Saturday doing math 'cause it was raining. After talking wid Len, I found out that I need to run ZERO deck height on my engine. He gave me a .040" step-cut in the chambers to keep the pistons safe, so I had to re-fig the rocker geometry, and pushrod length. I have to use .060 rocker pedistal spacers to get the valve, and adjuster parallel at .250" lift, and use 274mm pushrods to get a good range of adjustment. Ordered snap-ring type wrist pin retainers ('cause I hate spiral-locks ), the pushrods, rocker pedistal shims, and some other stuff.

The weather today was nice here for a change so I rolled the pan outside and spent most of this afternoon fitting the 901 to the chassis. Got the holes drilled in the bellhousing for mounts, and attached the mustache bar, got my aluminum crossmember mounted to the tranny, and measured for, and drew up a plan for chassis mounts for the front of the drivetrain. Cut the access panels for the shift-rod joints and bushings.

Finished up the rear suspension basics. Arms are on, shock towers modified for 951 springplates, springplates are on, parking brakes done, cables attached on both ends. Gotta take the right side back apart though, as it seem as if I've indexed that torsion bar lighter than the other when I jump up and down on the frame horns :doh:

I'm shootin' for firing it up by Dec.
'83 928S 4.7