Thread: F'ing VWoA
View Single Post
Old July 26th 2004, 21:12

Rene (sorry bout not knowin how to do the astrick thing above your name) I'm searching for the info about that as we speak, I'm gunna call my boy and see where he got his intell from. He's way more into XFMRS then I ever can be and he's not a VW guy so I know he ain't making this stuff up. I got a quick description off of www.thetransformers.net and the toy line that I was refering to is called the alternators and it appears that they are going to use a RX-8 for Jazz, interesting.

Dreamworks/Paramount producing The Transformers for 2006
Posted by: Big Bot

Dreamworks will now be producing the Live Action Transformers movie, with a release in 2006, and Paramount with the foreign rights to the film. In previously rumoured news, Steven Spielberg did use his magic on Hasbro to get Dreamwaorks the film rights. He will be the film's Executive Producer with Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Don Murphy and Tom DeSanto all being producers.
Hasbro will be involved in creative development, marketing and merchandising, with Takara, the poeple who actually make the toys, will have a development role.

As you can see they ain't f'ing around having dreamworks do this and Speilberg as the Executive Producer. Damn I can't wait till 2006. VW is really missing a chance to be apart of something very big. I'll keep you all posted.

Nick