Thread: F'ing VWoA
View Single Post
Old October 23rd 2004, 01:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Ninja
What does this thread have to do with GL's almost nothing, except there was one Autobot by the name of Jazz that was a early 944 Porsche, The Scatman was his voice actor and when he talked he always ryhmed kind of like Dolomite. 944 bits work good in a GL, right? Right, ya I know I'm reaching far for a connection, it's in the off topic section so I'm cool. Anyways I was doing a little more searching about VW's refusal to have a vehicle in it's likeness being portrayed in the movie and toylines. Well I found another thread from a Transformer fan site where one of the Transformer fans is also a Porsche AG employee, go figure. This thread explains Porsche's veiw on have a war toy line using their image and it would appear their(Porsche) stand is similar to VWaG's stand. I'm going to take back the money grubbing thing from previous post, cause it's a ethical thing. They don't want to be associated with a war based toy line, I guess somebody frogot their history. Last time I checked it was Hiltler that hired Ferrie Porsche to build cars to moblize Germany and a little later, war machine's. Huh! Anyways enough about my babbling:

http://tfarchive.com/community/showt...threadid=24622

I got this from www.tfarchive.com enjoy.

Nick
I think they probably are so against it because of the fact that they were started as a war machine by one, if not the most hated political groups ever to take up residence on this earth. They are probably just very touchy about it to stay as far away from anything even remotely violent just so that they can seperate themselves from what happened. The other day, i came out of my girlfriend's house late at night and there was condensation on the cars, i found that someone had written Nazi Car on the windshield with their finger. I know that it will not be permenant or anything, but i still didnt like it. While some see it as not a big deal, my heart sank because such a wonderful machine has to be related in any way to something so horrible. Personally, i think Porsche was brilliant and the beetle design was brilliant as well, and could have gotten off the ground without Adolf's help. Maybe just a little slower. I agree though, Hirst defenitely deserves alot of credit as well.