View Single Post
Old November 18th 2014, 00:45

So it's been a long time, I got distracted doing track days on this thing...

but I have a couple questions right off the bat.

I got the DTM shroud on and mocked up, but it seems like the alternator is sticking out too far. Potential reasons why? Shouldn't the DTM fit in the late model beetles/supers with ease? I haven't installed the decklid, but initial mock up suggests it won't close but just barely. I may be able to get away with getting rid of the billet pulley bolt+spacer from Raby, but it's a shiny little piece I'd like to use. Maybe I'm just being paranoid and it will fit fine when I mount the decklid.

I'd be really disappointed if I mounted the transmission too far back in the car, but don't know how I could have mounted it any differently. I'll try to get some more pictures under the car tomorrow. I have the shortened nose cone on the trans, and the bellhousing actually sits slightly towards the front of the car in the cradle.

Any help would be appreciated...

The kafer brace adds maybe 1/4" between the frame horns and the bellhousing cradle. That's the only thing I can think that is adding spacing.

The right side carb is really quite close to the body, but it won't interfere with the decklid.

Finally a photo from the side to show the clearance issues. The crank pulley should clear the apron but I can't tell until I buy a new one, mucked up the first.

Last thing, I'm trying to put my new A1 headers on, but I can't seem to get the old headers off. Suggestions how to get at this nut?

It's good to be back and I'm hoping to get the motor running before the end of the year. I got some gauges from SpeedHut that look pretty nice. I'll post some pictures soon. I'M GOING TO FINISH THIS DAMN THING!

Last edited by Bugged; November 18th 2014 at 00:59.