View Single Post
Old November 16th 2005, 02:58

First off, what car is it going into?

With that said it doesn't matter, GO WITH A SUBARU MOTOR. They are dependable, torque'y, sound great, and have the ability to get more power than you could ever use in an early Vdub. A stock EJ20 which you can buy used JDM (japenese domestic market) for $650 has the ability to handle 400 hp healthily (healthily is not a word by the way). Outback motors is great with subaru motors but they are a little pricey, and are unrealisticaly low with their hp #'s. I have personally seen a stock internaled subaru EJ20T motor dynoed on a dynojet at 404 hp and 348 lb/ft of torque and Mack at Outback says $12,000 and race gas (110) will barely get an EJ20T up to 300 hp, so if you want to spend more money than you have to and want your hp hopes shattered call them.

With that out of the way, Danzioperformance.com is incredible with rotary's and subaru motors. I have seen tom pull an extra 66 hp from a bone stock 3rd gen 13B-TT rotary just from tuning it correctly. Give them a call and they will sit and talk with you as long as you have questions. They are considerate, realistic and will treat you right.

So to your question. $8,000 will get you a healthy 450 hp, rebuilt with race rods, forged pistons, and with all of the polished goodies your little heart desires on a subaru motor of your choice. Start with a 2.2 liter block (closed block [much stronger]) billet rods, forged pistons, port and polish the heads, new agressive cams, total seal rings, metal head gaskets, TGV deletes, perrin fuel rails, rc injectors, stock header (better spool time), 48 mm wastegate, and a GT-30 turbo will make an extremely responsive motor with great torque, even better top end, an 8,000 rpm redline, and one hell of a ride. GOOD LUCK

98' Audi A4
93' T-Bird (oh yeah!)
90' 911 C2
74' beetle