View Single Post
Old July 26th 2004, 06:01

lack of motivation...

I seem to be having a lack of motivation lately. It's not exaclty like I have a project sitting in the drive, with no drive to work on it. I have no project to work on. I currently own a '72 standard, but I have no intention of building a standard GL. My sights are set on an early 60's Ghia with an IRS pan. If by some chance I find a great deal on a '73-up super, I'll build that project instead. Basicly, my problem is I have an urge to build a project but there is no project to build. I have parts, money, time, but no project. I recently had to hide the parts in my room, because looking at them kept giving me that same feeling, like I'm not really going anywhere towards a project. If I had a garage I would simply hide them there, but I'm not that lucky. I personaly don't like doing nothing, it's almost like wasting time you might say. I was involved in a project of my friend's '51 split recently, it wasn't my project but I still had a sence of pride of setting a goal and meeting that goal. Also, seeing the other GL projects on this site moving along further gives me the feeling of getting no where, but I'm sure they would motivate if I was started already.... I believe that's all for now. Sorry for the extra long post.

Any thoughts, personal feelings, or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Mike

Sorry for the complaining like this but I've been wanting to get that out for sometime. My girlfriend likes Volkswagens, but she wouldn't understand.