View Single Post
Old January 13th 2016, 20:43
Administrator

Tried to post this in Off-topic, but I guess I need moderator approval in there. So! when in doubt, toss it in my build thread:

I've been looking at the Germanlook Button in my bookmarks tabs for months, knowing I need to comeback but always without enough time to really explore all the threads I've missed since taking a hiatus...but, I do really intend to get back involved.

I think it's probably been a good solid two years since I was actively checking daily, about that time I was done with my full-time employer and embarked on turning Classic Car Adventures, my hobby business on the side, into my full-time gig. 2014 was spent planning an expansion, and putting together my plan for the next five years. 2015 was "the year", and I added events in Colorado, Ontario Canada, and Washington/Oregon. Expanding the business with three new events, two of which are a minimum 3-day drive from where I live just to get to the start location, was a bit crazy to say the least!

...but, it actually all went really well. Feedback from each of the new events was very positive, and 2016 looks to have a lot of momentum behind it for my events. Should be a good year!

The rally bug hasn't 'suffered' over the past two years, but it's definitely been neglected in the sense that there have been no upgrades...it has literally just been worked on enough to keep it running for my events. I put just over 60,000km on it in 2015, not exactly sure how many in 2014. Regardless, it hasn't been 'exciting to read about' work, just a hell of a lot of oil changes :P

I did pull the bug off the road for the winter this year, the plan is to go over it bumper to bumper and take care of a few things, including some upgrades. With Classic Car Adventures being my primary income, I've had to put the German Look project on hold...I know some of the items I had planned for it will be going into the Rally Bug instead. Sigh...I've somehow aged a bit and become 'responsible' :P

Anyways, hopefully some of the 'old crew' is still kicking around, and I'm looking forward to reading up on any projects which are being worked on...

-Dave

'68 Type 1 - Interm German 'look' project
'75 Type 1 - Family Heirloom
'93 Chevy 3500 pickup - Cummins Swap