View Single Post
Old November 28th 2011, 07:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgie View Post
still good numbers. got any plans over the winter for car?
@ Rob: Plans, yes, I would like change the camshaft for a better breathing one. The current heads could really use more cam I realise now after my understanding of a turbo engine has changed quite somewhat over the past few years
@ Francelle: There is really little reason to open up the engine otherwise for inspection as the first part of the power curve is exactly the same as the one from early this year.

However, I am building a project T1 1200cc EFI turbo, so that will probably eat up all of the time and I might even miss a few events next year because of this.
OTOH, opening the engine for just a cam could mean I would want to replace more parts; you know how that goes and could mean downtime for a longer period.

Decision, decisions...

The engine will come out over X-mas holidays anyways and I can inspect the dual Black Magic disks and flywheel. Curious how that looks...
I also have one damaged Jenvey TB from the backfire that broke two rockers and bend the butterfly valves on one side. I straightenend them but it caused severe play on the TB/butterfly shaft I noticed and resulted in the linkage arms on the TB shaft to be blown off on boost... Fixed that by a locktited screw in the TB shaft but I also loose some spool probably over the shaft since, so may have to get one new TB as well anyways (ouch).

Thats about it