View Single Post
Old April 7th 2006, 17:41

advice needed on turbocharging type4

hi guys this is my first posting on this forum so a big hello to you all, i would like a little input on my set up please i am building a 2lt type4 engine to put in a 72 bug lowered to hell with flared wheel arches, what im doing with the engine is this. it is stock 2lt with a stock reground crankshaft, stock rods ,a web camshaft on order from la performance,stock dished pistons , 1800 heads with mild porting work on the exhaust,thick copper head gaskets, the turbocharger i have was advertised as a garrett t3 but when it arrived i swear it is a garrett t4 it is a/r.50 compressor housing and 0.70 on the exhaust. the carburettor i have is a renult 5 gordini turbo webber 32 dir twin choke wich renault used as a drawthrough on the 1.4 gordini so i intend to use it on the 2lt type4.so i have all the parts i need once the camshaft arrives and i will put it all together and go beyond the point of no return im trying to keep it simple but at the end of the day once assembled and in the car i would like it to work so any pointers on anything i may have overlooked is much appreciated thanks...