View Single Post
Old December 12th 2017, 16:22

Time for an update. Slow progress but forward progress.

I made a custom muffler with internal baffling-

Did some dress up on the engine-

Custom oil fill tube-

I also made a rear overflow tank that is plumbed into the heater circuit. Its attached with riv-nuts and allen heads now, the screws were for mockup. On the backside of the tank is a hole through the parcel tray that goes to a electric heater core unit that jegs/summit sell. http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performan...RoCoWEQAvD_BwE It has two 3" outlets that will run back throught the parcel tray and into the factory heater channels. I will have multiple air speeds for the electric fan, and use of the factory levers for different air flow. I think it will work perfect.

This was fun to make. Finished up my airbox today. I also made the velocity stack inside, probably won't make a difference, but I have never made them before and wanted to give it a try. I am going to remove the foam in the rear pillar between the vent behind the rear window and the engine bay in an attempt for a "cold air" intake. I couldn't bring myself to use a cone filter floppin around in the engine bay, but I am a little crazy with stuff like this.