View Single Post
Old November 14th 2002, 13:19

I like the idea of a double wishbone front suspension and don't want to bust anyones bubble but the suspension design in the picture is not optimal. There is much to designing a front suspension that will work well and for a GL I would want one that would work VERY well. I have just begun learning about suspension design and certainly do not know everything but......double wishbone suspension should have unequal length arms and they must be the correct lengths to give the correct roll center and camber gain, there are some other things to think about but it gets deep quick with things like anti-dive and scrub radius to mention a couple. I think the design pictured would probably ride better than a stock trailing arm but I'm not so sure it would handle much better and that should be the main point (in my opinion).
As I said, I am not a suspension expert, but I believe in learning all I can about things I have an interest in, the same reason I spent almost a year learning about exhaust design before I built my header.
Just my .02, take it or leave it.
ken