View Single Post
Old May 11th 2010, 20:22

Hey Jeff,

Nothing too big to report, still being bodyworked but it is looking amazing! I'll get some pics up tonight maybe. The wheels are already at paint, they are going to be Jazz Blue, a VW color for the 20th Anniv. Edition GTi. It's blue(duh) but it gets a pearl clear coat over it that creates a really cool deep blue color but bright still. It was a pain to track down the paint code.

The funnier story is that I actually found the color I wanted, and that color happened to be on a Dooney & Bourke purse!!! I was shopping with my wife at Macy's and I saw the color in the display case. I said "Thats IT!!!" and as I got closer I realized it was a purse. Turns out my wife loved the color too, so that took care of her mothers day present AND my shade guide, or so I thought.

Turns out the color is "too clean" according to the paint people, basically the paint color has to be manufactured from scratch and can't be mixed from other colors. Thus the new color of Jazz Blue, which gets close to the same effect, just not as deep a blue/purple that the purse color was. It too is too clean a color, but at least I can order it. Should be painted within the next week or so, I'd like to hit Bugorama with it painted.

Jason
1st Drag Run

Dyno Run
Oval Ragster-'57 Rag/'04 Boxster S