View Single Post
Old January 6th 2012, 06:25

Quote:
So, instead it's going to be an original TIV housing, with 90mm full circle crank & 103mm LN Nickies with JE pistons. Other parts on the shelves are vanagon heads, completely redone with extra fins, Pauter rockers, TI lifters, ARP bolts, Riechert cooling and a GT76 turbo with 2 different housings, one 0.81 and one 1.15, unsure of which will be used.

Cam is going to be a JPM raptor and rods from FAT performance, neither of these are on the shelves at the moment.
Hi,
I agree with Wally and the others also.I wouldn´t go with a 90mm crank.You won´t have any advantage and you will have to take a lot of material out of the case.I save the money and keep the stock 71mm crank.Stock rods with ARP or Raceware bolts will do the job also.Again take a look at Wally´s build he´s pumping out 460hp reliably out of 2.2 Liters and 500hp is possible.He has a stock 66mm crank and rods.
If you do want more,then I wouldn´t go any higher than a 82mm crank and then either Moldex or Pauter.There´s just no need to go with a big crank.