View Single Post
Old December 24th 2005, 23:43

Type 3 Ram Air Idea

Hi

I have been contemplating the idea of forced induction on my Fasty. I have crossed to the darkside and now I can't stop. The idea is using the two air exhaust ports that the type 3 engine configuration has to blow air thru the heater boxes and used a dual carburetor turbo setup (with the turbo inlet holes on the air filter). At first I want to keep it simple so maybe a change the stock Dellorto air filter housing for the blow thru turbo set up;

See link;

http://www.chirco.com/cgi-bin/chirco...View/CPR129162

Then as I kept reading and educating myself on turbos I would like to add a intercooler to the setup. This part is going to take a little more thought since I want to mount it in front and run the hoses to the rear carburetor inlets.

The real question is has anyone tried anything similar, I have seen the setup with the hoses running fron the rear window to the engine compartment but nothing like I am mean. I have seen the dual carburetor Air box setup on a lot of pictures on this site but not where I can purchase it to modify it for my needs does anyone know where?

Any help will be appreciated

David

Fort Hood Texas