View Single Post
Old November 12th 2005, 01:47

That's exactly what I was going for, but didn't get it to roll off my tongue like you did.

The TIV motor is appealing because it makes more power stock, like stated. It is simplicity, but there's always that cliche statement you hear about the ACVWs like "AVCW and reliability are two things you don't hear in the same sentance.." or something along those lines.

Pointed out, Honda makes over 100HP per liter in STOCK form, with a redline on average around/over 7K rpm. Ricers beat on those motors for 200K miles, abuse them by not changing oil regularly and just contant crap. Yet, it still is considered more reliable than any ACVW motor and will last longer, hipo or not....

Not baggin on our motors, but if you can swap out to a platform that's STOCK and produces reliable performance with a plethora of aftermarket and possibilities.....why limit yourself?

That said, given the opportunity, if I had $6K in front of me to spend on a motor, 9/10 chance I would get a TIV or T1 motor...but not use all of it and get a beater HB Civic...