View Single Post
Old August 4th 2012, 20:13

So without a muffler on the car, and just a down turn after the turbo, the car is incredibly loud but the turbo chop is awesome. My friend followed me down to the gas station and back, and according to him the exhaust is "all fire, all the time". He mentioned something that hadn't occurred to me, the color of the flames coming out of the tail pipe change color from red/yellow/orange to blue/purple/white which I can guess is the water/alcohol kicking in. I'm not going to leave it like this it's just too loud, there's just not enough time to get a new exhaust fabbed up.

On the short jaunt I had a chance to adjust the front shocks and they're good enough for the autox. I have no idea why it took me so long to swap those out, and it was clear to me last night that I've been driving around the front grip problem for years. I played with the manual wastegate controller and slowly dialed up boost until it was around 22psi. Boost is now rock solid, no fluttering from the blowoff valve or wastegate and no spooling or surging problems from the turbo. It almost feels like the turbo spools smoother and quicker than it used to. I am happier with everything right now than I have been in a long time and I want to get some more seat time to get used to the new norms.

Right now the car is all loaded up ready to head out before dawn to start the 2nd half of our race season