View Single Post
Old August 6th 2012, 23:31

So the autox went off without any mechanical issues. It was soo nice not driving the bug an hour each way to the event, enjoying heat in the morning and a/c in the afternoon. The exhaust wasn't as loud as I feared it would be but it's still pretty noisy. Lucy, though, has never felt so good, and if you compare this video with my last one it's very clear she's running much better. Unfortunately due to electrical issues some of my gauges weren't working (boost, speedo) so I didn't get all the data i was looking for. I gotta figure out why the battery can't get voltage to the starter and why it's not charging. If I jump the bug it starts just fine but it won't start on its own, and the battery tests fine at the parts shop.

Here's the video from my 3rd and fastest run. I was on a fast sprint on my 4th run and over cooked it into a hammerhead type corner sending me into the cones. I carried a couple cones with me under the car which popped out later in the course, and got my rival red flagged. He got a free run on hot tires right after and beat my best time by half a second. The points race is close again, and I'm now only leading by 1 with 5 races to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF4zG57EK_U