View Single Post
Old October 9th 2012, 05:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble View Post
Looking very sharp! Did you craft a new wiring harness from scratch or did you base if off an existing one? What's your track width (front and rear) with those wheels and tires? did you have to get much wider fenders or still stock?
Thanks.
Wiring is from scratch. The old one was in poor condition, I need some extra wires for the gauges and It's always good to know every color in your harness..just in case.

Originally I was planning stock fenders but it won't work with the wheels, now I'm in the 2-4 cm range (1-1,5"). Both of front and rear fenders I actually have are SAID to be 4 cm widened.

Have tried the rear ones on (made by Hoffmann Speedster), they seems OK with the wheels (will see under load & with own tyres) and that what counts.
Based on Kerscher's website (http://www.kerscher-tuning.de/kaefer...e2=Kotfl%FCgel) +4cm rears are ok till 9x15 ET-39 with 225 tyres..I guess it's not valid as they have the same numbers for +6cm fenders as well. The +2cm sounds acceptable: they are recommended till 7x15 ET16 with 225 tyres, this is not far form my 8x16 ET11 with 205 tyres. In extra I have 944 NA rear brakes and not sure of the offset increase. If Lanner is right (I think he is), it is 22.5mm per side, than fenders have to be 4 cm wider on rear. Can anybody prove the track increase caused by the brakes?

Fronts are made by Kerscher, 4cm widened as I measured. Belive or not I had no time to try them on yet :-/
The same website recommends +2cm ones till 7x15 ET16 with 195 tyres, so my 7x16 ET21.5 with 195/45 tyres should fit nicely under that. I use standard brakes in this sence (no offset increase) and IIRC the front track of the 1302 is slightly narrower than 1303. Also Lanner states stock wings are OK for 7" wide ET38+ rims, so +2cm in front should be enough here.

Now I have to try them on to see how they fit. Getting +2cm fenders means no spacers and stockish look, keeping these ones means wider front track. BTW now the rear track is increased by a good 60mm compared to front..does it have any negative affect on handling?

This is my first super, no experiences yet just numbers from the web..sorry for the brain-fart

Last edited by Bogara_ZO; October 9th 2012 at 07:18.