View Single Post
Old October 27th 2010, 15:06

Ok! Time for a short procrastination break from my programming homework and a small update. I have both pans cut out of the car and the new right pan is ready to go in, and the left is not far behind. I went to Harbor Freight and picked up their $15 air hammer with assorted chisels, for the removal of the spot welds on the frame. It worked like a charm! I found it easiest to start mid way, like on the rear corner, get under the flap and hammer it upwards. This way, you have a clear shot at the spot welds, whereas sometimes if just trying to run along the lip, you end up shearing off the metal and have to grind it off. Sharpening the chisel also helps tremendously when slipping into those tight, tricky spots. Hopefully I can get these pans welded in this weekend.

Anyone have any cleaning suggestions? I spent some time cleaning off the torsion tubes/frame horn area with some concoction my roommate mixed up... I can't wheel the frame out to pressure wash it because my body is in the way and an engineless Camaro behind that.

Also, I need to take my transmission out soon so I can start fitting the 901. I'm a bit worried about getting this bad boy in, but I'll ask about that when I can get some reference pictures up. Where do you guys get your 12 point bits to remove the cv's?

Last edited by Bugged; November 21st 2010 at 03:42.