View Single Post
Old May 10th 2005, 09:16

915 swap info needed

Hi

Ive been seaching here and elsewhere for some information and I cant seem to find it.

Im fittting a Subaru EJ20T STI motor to my 1303, Im worried that my current bug box wont take the power, it has an upgaded Quaife and 4 Albins gears.

Im moving my tranny forward for the STI motor Im fitting so figue a little more cutting wont hurt. Im going to use short torsion bars and cutout the middle of the torsion bar housing complety, Im using 40 hp ones, I will fit another spline in the remaining torsion bar housing inside the fork.

Im hanging a great big lump of Subaru out the back of my car, so getting the weight forward 4 inches will help with weight distribution.

I have already bought an adaptor with a type 1 style flywheel and a Stage 4 Kennedey pressure plate.

Does the 915 use a diffrent clutch spline to type 1? If it does I could maybe get a custom clutch disc made.

Has anyone used a throwout race other than the Porsche one? I would need to use a type 1 style to operate the clutch I have.

Will my auto starter go in deep enough to engage the ring gear?

Or should I just scrap the flywheel and clutch I already have and buy an adaptor that uses a Porsche flywheel and clutch?

Steve
Steve