View Single Post
Old January 9th 2011, 14:57

Thanks Sandeep, i WILL get my albums sorted into order and post up a link to it, the car is constantly changing and will always have a development plan. its nothing special spec' wise, and no show car, its raced hard, and has had many fights, even a 1/2 roll, and its still alive!
My mantra with this car is to keep it as original VW as possible, apart from complying with various rules, this makes for quick and easy repairs, one BIG advantage of a beam if you do shunt it, all at affordable £££.. and it annoys the hell out of Porsche drivers. briefly, as in the pic taken in 2006, it had a T1 1835 with about 145 hp, 421 exhaust, 10.8 cr, dry sump, and , wait for it, a Scat CAST crank,... T1 IRS box with all the tricks but a free diff, 100 mm cv's.
the beam uses split torsion bars and is 1" wider than stock, adjusts for corner weighting, 22mm front ARB, 6 pot Tarox front brakes, VERY light, stock bug calipers on the rear, car weighs 710kg wet in aircooled spec.
Its put on some weight now, as the biggest change for this season is the motor, it now has a 2.5 ltr OKRASA wasser boxer, just waiting for a break in the weather really, to get it out for testing..... Best regards, spanners.