View Single Post
Old December 25th 2004, 12:14

I think both look very nice and would be good candidates in their own right. I understand the dynamics of dealing with two different personalities and having two cars from which to choose that are at different stages of being what you want it to be. It makes it a difficult decision. (I own a Super so if I injected my personal preference, it would be for the Super.)

What I will say is this, though. Since you have stated a long-time desire for a 1303, you may want to stay focused on that.

I searched for a '75 for over a year. The closest I came to actually getting one is making flight arrangements. I had to swallow one-way airline tickets twice. I eventually found the '71 1302 I now have. I love it. I'm going forth to GL it although it will be more subdued compared to my original plans because I don't think a 1302 would handle my original plans as nicely as a 1303 (my opinion only).

And while there are reasons I genuinely like my 1302 more than a 1303, I still want a 1303 -- and still want to make it a full-on GL -- maybe even more radical (like no back seat and no passenger seat) given I have a 1302 already.

My point is you may not have that itch scratched because you are scratching somewhere else.

I have followed your endeavors to some degree because you have offered me plenty of good advice. I don't know the "why's" of your transactions but you had a beauty of a 1302 and your Fasty looks very nice. If you swapped out of those because it wasn't exactly what you wanted, I say stay focused on exactly what you want. If it's a 1303 -- then the decision should be between this 1303 or another one later in time.