View Single Post
Old December 25th 2004, 14:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis
What I will say is this, though. Since you have stated a long-time desire for a 1303, you may want to stay focused on that.

I have followed your endeavors to some degree because you have offered me plenty of good advice. I don't know the "why's" of your transactions but you had a beauty of a 1302 and your Fasty looks very nice. If you swapped out of those because it wasn't exactly what you wanted, I say stay focused on exactly what you want. If it's a 1303 -- then the decision should be between this 1303 or another one later in time.
I agree with you about staying focused. Sometimes it is hard for me, cause I have so many interest. Sometimes I have to priotize my interest to keep from going nuts. I do want a Full on 1303 GL, but I have also loved all of the late model standard GL's that Remmele has built too. And as far as my 1302 went, I sold it for two reasons. First off the paint job came out sh*tty and I really wanted a 1303 to start with and settled for an 02 that I could afford at the time. Then I bought the fasty, not really because I wanted to do a Fasty GL (I do love T3's btw) but because my other half at the time wanted me to get a Fasty because that is what she liked and I was trying to make her happy as well and include her in my projects. Now that I am making decisions for myself again I decided I would sell the Fasty and get a 1303. But I also like standard, Notch's and Ghias for that matter and would be happy with any of these. MY problem is the same as many of you...Im love VWs and wish I could afford to have 1 (or more) of each type...LOL

One other factor that will come into the decision is whether this guy that owns the 1303 gets his arse in gear and gets down here to FL to make the trade. If he dont come thru I may end up with the standard of even perhaps selling the car.

'I drive way to fast to worry about cholesterol!'

'67 Sunroof Notchback * '68 FI Squareback