View Single Post
Old January 4th 2006, 19:38

I hate thieves...(even the ones who didnt take anything)

I have been in my new apt for a little over 3 months now and we have covered parking for one car only. Meaning that the other cars must park away from the apt in open areas. i choose not to ever park my Vw in anything but a garage (hey i live in cali what can i say?). So the very first night we moved in i had my bug with me cause it was easier to move stuff in it with the top down. I parked in the one stall we are allowed to use and what happens the first night? My car gets broken into and vandalized. My hood doesnt use hood springs anymore since i installed the hood pins on top so you can just take the hood off pretty much. they broke the wing ding lock i had on the drivers side window but as soon as it fell into the car the alarm must have went off cause they never got into the car. I have one of those motion sensors on it so if you stick your hand in it goes off. kinda cool .... anyhow they didnt take anything but they did manage to leave the hood lying ajar, they tried to turn the alarm off by pulling wires in the engine compartment...(must have been rookie thieves cause who has their alarm in the rear of the bug?) so i had to reconnect my coil wires, taillight wires, etc it was one big mess. So now i leave the Bug at my parents house in the garage where its SAFER and alternate driving my bug and my Golf daily. Sorry i vented for so long but thought i'd share my would be theives story.
If only i had caught them while they were doing it.....
Heres where it was parked when it happened. (in the exact same position)