View Single Post
Old June 5th 2004, 01:52

944 brakes interchangability

I'm starting to collect parts for a 944 brake conversion on my 1302. As I understand it, I can swap lower control arms from a 1303 and switch struts to be able to mount 944 spindles. I already have 88' turbo rear trailing arms and 84' non-turbo rear hubs. I'm not sure how they're supposed to fit together, but it's looking to me like maybe the older stuff will not directly mesh with later model 944 parts. I ask because I suppose that before I just assumed that you could mix and match 944 parts all willy-nilly. ANyway, when I do the front end, turbo brake calipers (four-pot) won't fit on early spindles/hubs? This is my first fix up car and I can't wait to get four wheel disks, but it'd be great to get some feedback before I make a bunch of first-hand mistakes that could be avoided by talking to guys who've already done the thing.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

OH yeah, also, will "cookie cutter" rims clear the later model turbo rotors/calipers, or is 15" too small. I'll be running wide fiberglass fenders, so I don't THINK wheel clearance will be an issue (even with the ABS, alum trailing arms). Am I nuts?