View Single Post
Old May 12th 2006, 20:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02cab
23et will fit the rears but on the front ive been told 40+et with my choice of 52et needing a 10mm spacer on the front.
you also need slimmer struts to standard.
Right on, no worries on the struts as I'm building my own coilovers with MK1 VW inserts and Ground Control sleeves. :agree:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorbrady
I had these wheels (7x15", ET23.3) on my '73 standard bug and they fit front and back with no rubbing. This was on redrilled stock brakes and with stock size wings (fenders). The bug was lowered all round, adjusters up front and 1 spline at the rear.
I'm running 944 suspension front and rear (the narrowererer early aluminum arms), so I'll probably end up having to graft a lip of some sort onto my fenders, kafer style. I'm surely not chucking out 6+ bills for glass fenders all around, I'll just make em wider myself and put that $ into more power.

Thanks for the answers, you two... I'll post up some pics of it rolling rough on the susp/wheels when I get a chance to play with it. In the process of moving right now, so it hasn't been getting the attention it needs. Soon though, soon.

jim