View Single Post
Old September 22nd 2008, 15:03

I want to go back!!!

It was the first long trip with my just finished bug and first time ever that I have driven a car myself on a racetrack. I can tell you, this experience is truly amazing!!

Just like Walter, I did two laps. First lap was mostly driving on the right half of the road, because I am 'slow-traffic' with only a 1600 engine and overtaking only allowed on the left side. I used this lap to explore the track and just enjoy driving on the largest racetrack of this planet. Almost every corner has some slope in it and on some hills I had to run a shorter gear in order to stay climbing. Second lap I drove much faster. Roadholding of my bug was quite surprising; on some coupled corners with no straights I even managed to stay after a 911 and circuit-prepared BMW. It was also surprising to see the bodyroll and jumping on the outer wheels of many fast factory cars and driving my bug about the same speed through the corner with only little tyre-screaming.

It's an experience I won't forget. I definately will be there again next year, hopefully with bigger brakes and engine!