View Single Post
Old September 19th 2003, 01:37

Alex

I'm sorry about your grandma. It is very hard to day goodbye to someone you care so much about. I always find comfort, though, knowing that they are looking down, proud of whatever I do. Sometimes, that is from being a good parent to the kids, being a good husband, or even taking pride in the skills you have earned building your car. It may seem trivial in the scheme of life, but everyone has a passion, and your loved ones DO take joy in seeing you pursue something. I'm sure your Grandma is proud that you have found that passion and continue to work towards finishing.

While I haven't lost anyone that close to me, I know exactly how you feel when the project isn't going so well. I spent four years in the Air Force, and it seemed my project was standing still. I had a friend where I was stationed who got into VWs because his dad owned a shop back at home, so he supported me and helped me when he could. When I separated, joined the Guard and started college, things picked up, but I still wasn't happy with my progress. Even with my limited income, I am not keeping track of the money I spend, because in my heart, I need to finish.

A wise friend once said, "It's only money, you'll make more." Since then, I do what makes me happy when it comes to money. You never know when that day will come when the money can do no good. If you live comfortably now, and can still afford to do some work on the ol' car, consider yourself lucky, and don't give up the dream. I, for one, am always anxious to see someones finished product, and look forward to seeing yours. Good luck.

And thank you for serving this great country.

My Blog
Please help me get a minimac
Parts I Need
1965 Beetle "Gordie", 1956 GL Beetle

Last edited by bugsoup; September 19th 2003 at 01:47.