Thread: Dry sump
View Single Post
Old September 21st 2015, 14:46

Dry sump

Hi everyone,let's see where do I begin. I thought that adding a extra sump by moding my case for the type one sump would give me at total of 8 quarts of oil. I also wanted to have a better oil pressure control, I wanted higher oil pressures that stock pressures. Having the oil pressure being high when cold and pressure drops when at operating temp were presents, was something I did not want to have happen.The mod was to not to use the scat TypeIV extra sump, I still feel is a weak link, as far as attachment is concerned. I saw another engine with the extra sump added, for me it offered a higher possibility of engine damage. I will drive my car on the Southern California freeways. There is something always to dodge or ruin over on the freeway. That sump in its location can cause a big problem. I really don't like the remote sump, way of oil support, however seeing that there may be engine damage;due to extra sump clearance issues. I have no other choice.

Can someone share pics of their remote oil storage tank for the dry sump adaptation? At least I still will be able to scavenge from the bottom of the sump. Man it's getting tiring going back to the drawing board.

Last edited by effvee; September 21st 2015 at 21:29.