View Single Post
Old January 29th 2007, 03:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilAngel View Post
Well i think you have there a very nice setup. Overengineered, for added reliability. About the carbs, i have read several times that the best option are dual weber idf, perhaps with that setup you should go with 40's or at mos 44's. Dells and Kads are another option, and cheaper too. The exhaust will depend on the heads, I'd stay with 044s, ported and polished with big valves, say, 40 x 35.5. This would work with a 1 1/2 header. Just remember to get a header with a long collector (4'') and a decent sounding muffler.

Oh and by the way now i can't decide between the 2007 and the 1776 for my bug...
PS: have you upgraded the brakes already?
lol you cant decide between a 1776 or a 2007 now? thats funny.And no I havent got my brakes yet, when incomtax comes im going to buy everything for my bug that i need to get it up and running on the road then start on the motor as a side project.the brakes I am going to buy just a front disc brake kit w/ drop spindles.

About the heads i was thinking of maybe the Level 5's in aircooled.net, what you think?Would that be ok with the setup i want?Also i was thinking the same as you with the carbs but i wasnt sure.

p.s. to get my bug up and roadworthy, i just need to buy the window pieces i need, found a local shop that selld them, undercoating for floor along with sound deadener, and put my interior in an then put my stock motor in, and buy a rebuild kit fpr my stock carb.by the way, i decided on my wheels, go to the other thread and tell me what you think, i was told it was French look, whatever that is

Last edited by Veedub; January 29th 2007 at 03:40.